If you would like to take all 3 of the special interest class! Sign up here!
Canine Kinesio Taping
Right after the olympic games in London everybody knows them: the colorful elastic strips that the athletes wear with pride - no tattoo, no makeup, no war paint, sticking to
shoulders, elbows and knees or calfs - do they have any reason to wear them?
Right now we can buy the strips in supermarkets and have them precut, on rolls, in animal print - they found their way in our therapist life and in our veterinary clinic.
In humans there are a lot of studies that show how the tapes can be used as a therapeutic tool, a preventative tool and as and aid for better proprioception and motor control veterinary medicine is slowly following.
In my daily canine physio and rehab work I find the tapes super useful - let me show you why and how it is done.
Slow Motion Gait Assessment and Muscle Function
Join CIECBW with Dr. Sabine Mai, taking an indepth look at gait and muscle function. What muscles are working when the dog is moving? Lets break it down and see! We will take slow motion videos, of the dogs at all gaits as well as the dogs at work in different diciplines. What are we asking the body to do? What does it effect? How best can we prepare the dogs for the work? What type of exercises would be most beneficial?
All of these questions and more will be answered in this amazing 2 day class. The Slow motion gait assessment and muscle function is designed to dive right into the therapeutic exercise class to be held on July 16, 2020.
If we look at our dogs - we see organisms that have evolved to trot effortlessly for long, long distances. Breed selection does have a lot of different effects on the movement patterns of our dogs.
Hyper accented gaits, brachyocephalia and chondrodystrophia will stress myofascial tissue in very different ways. The therapists have to know exactly which tissues are under myofascial stress and will cause lameness and pain in the long run.
Our dogs work more than ever: Monday, Tuesday its agility, Wednesday and Friday Obedience and the weekends are for competition. Thursday is free? No, this is the herding day…..Other dogs do not have any exercise at all - squishy, spongy myofascial tissue and bored to death - once again we need very educated therapists to build an exercise program, that will help THIS dog to relax and stretch overworked tissue, balance asymmetries, build muscle mass and improve motor control.
In our 2 day program we will work on evaluation, training principles and exercise.
We will get to know diff erent training devices and pads and balls and donuts and and and…..
We will decide:
• What does THIS dog need?
• Which muscles have to be exercised?
• What is the perfect training regime under supervision?
• What is the perfect home work program?
• And does our exercise REALLY work on the problem?
As usual we will work in detail in a very interactive way - always with a hand or two on the dogs.
Time and Location
July 13-16, 2020, 8:00am - 5:00pm
For the Love of Dog! Canine Event Centre
1638 Rte# 19
New Dominion, PEI
PEI Class Bundle - KTape/Slow Motion/Therapeutic Exercises
Terms and Conditions
- A $300 NON-REFUNDABLE deposit is due at registration. Please make cheques payable to Canadian Institute of Equine & Canine Body Works Ltd. The balance of the tuition is due at least 30 days prior to the start of the course, unless alternative arrangments have been made. To qualify for the early registration discount, tuition must be paid in full at the time of registration, at least 60 days prior to the start of the course.
The refund policy is as follows:
- Withdraw from course 61+ days prior to course start date = full tuition credit less the $300 non-refundable deposit
- Withdraw from course 31-60 days prior to course start date = 50% of regular tuition fee held as a tuition credit
- Withdraw from course 0-30 days prior to course start date = no credits for any reason.
- CIECBW Ltd. reserves the right to cancel a course due to insufficient registration or other circumstances beyond our control – at which point a full credit will be held towards future courses or purchases through CIECBW Ltd. CIECBW Ltd. will not be responsible for travel expenses and we recommend that registrants secure travel insurance.
- All NSF cheques will be assessed a $75 fee.
- Students requesting tuition to be switched to another course or students requesting any extra administrative attention are subject to a $50 fee.
- U.S. cheques will be accepted based on the current exchange rate at the time of bank deposit plus a $30 Canadian exchange fee. All other international currencies must pay with a Canadian Money Order.
- Course material and intellectual capital are the property of Equinology and the Canadian Institute of Equine & Canine Body Works Ltd. and may not be copied in any manner.
- By completing this regiatration I recognize that there are risks, dangers, and hazards inherent in equine and canine activities. I willingly accept and am fully responsible for any such risk, including the possibility of personal injury, or property damage or loss, resulting from participation in this course, and shall not hold Canadian Institute of Equine & Canine Body Works Ltd., Equinology Inc., or the clinic facility responsible for any damage or injury.
- By completing this registration I agree to all of the terms and conidtions laid out with these terms and conditions.