We decided it was time to offer our unique Equinology guide to equine massage bodywork for horseowners and trainers. Even if you plan to only work on your own horse, it is important for you to learn how to do it properly from experienced instructors. Please note this is not a certification course and will not give you a qualification to practice professionally. Visit the EQ100, EQ101 and EQ102 courses for information on the Equinology Equine Body Worker certification courses.
To ensure that you receive the personalized instruction that you deserve, only approved instructors will lead these 3-day workshops. This Equine Massage and Body Work Course will offer our unique blend of equine sports massage, soft tissue release and stretching. The class is presented with loads of hands-on practical experience, specimens and multimedia illustrations and video clips. You will also receive a course manual to support the techniques demonstrated. Students attending this course who decide to continue on to the Equinology Equine Body Worker Certification Course will receive a discount of $300 upon registration for the certification course which is valid for one year.
While this course is billed as an Introduction Equine Massage and Bodywork course you will find that it offers more information than many basic massage workshops. This course is appropriate for a variety of individuals. For those considering working professionally in the field of equine body work, it provides an in-depth overview as to what is really involved. Although the course is not required to participate in our Equinology Equine Body Worker Certification courses, it will prove beneficial head start to those participants who plan to continue onto the certification course. Horse owners will benefit not only by learning the techniques but will also learn how to utilize bodywork as a regular assessment of their horse’s condition. Trainers will find that these techniques will help horses in their care especially as these horses advance in their training. Saddle fitters will be able to release some of the restrictions that alter the horse’s posture, prior to fitting a different saddle. Overall, the horse is the winner with improved health care, performance, comfort and communication with his care giver.
Learning the techniques properly is not the only important aspect of equine massage. Body mechanics need to be considered for effective bodywork. It does not do an individual any good if they learn to massage but then find they cannot continue because it is uncomfortable or painful to apply the techniques. Some applications have to be adapted to accommodate individuals. Correct body mechanics and safe bodywork techniques are strongly emphasized throughout the Equinology program.
- Locating the surface anatomy
- Muscles addressed during the session
- Common areas of stress
- Encouraging communication and interaction during the session
- Differentiating between normal and pain responses
- Massage and body work techniques
- Correct and effective body mechanics
- Improving your eye for gait and conformation assessment
Instructor - Kathy Sunberg EEBW 3
Hours: 9am-5pm with 1 hour for lunch.
Tuition: $495 plus GST Course price includes manual, DVD clips and class supplies.
Prerequisite: Must be comfortable working around horses and picking up the limbs.
Suggestions for prior and/or further studies: Although not required for this particular course, individuals may find the Equinology EQ50: Online Equine Anatomy Course Distance Study helpful. The EQ50 course is the required precourse study for our Equinology Equine Body Worker Certification Courses. Course details can be found at: https://equinologyinstitute.com/product/eq50-equine-anatomy-precourse-distance-study/
Equinology is approved by the National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork (NCBTMB) as a continuing education Approved Provider. 14 CE hours are awarded for this course to NCBTMB members (United States of America)
If you would like to host this course in your area please contact the Equinology office so we can forward relevant information to the location organizer.
EQ75 - Equine Massage & Bodywork for Owners and Trainers
Terms and Conditions
- A $300 NON-REFUNDABLE deposit is due at registration. Please make cheques payable to Canadian Institute of Equine & Canine Body Works Ltd. The balance of the tuition is due at least 30 days prior to the start of the course, unless alternative arrangments have been made. To qualify for the early registration discount, tuition must be paid in full at the time of registration, at least 60 days prior to the start of the course.
The refund policy is as follows:
- Withdraw from course 61+ days prior to course start date = full tuition credit less the $300 non-refundable deposit
- Withdraw from course 31-60 days prior to course start date = 50% of regular tuition fee held as a tuition credit
- Withdraw from course 0-30 days prior to course start date = no credits for any reason.
- CIECBW Ltd. reserves the right to cancel a course due to insufficient registration or other circumstances beyond our control – at which point a full credit will be held towards future courses or purchases through CIECBW Ltd. CIECBW Ltd. will not be responsible for travel expenses and we recommend that registrants secure travel insurance.
- All NSF cheques will be assessed a $75 fee.
- Students requesting tuition to be switched to another course or students requesting any extra administrative attention are subject to a $50 fee.
- U.S. cheques will be accepted based on the current exchange rate at the time of bank deposit plus a $30 Canadian exchange fee. All other international currencies must pay with a Canadian Money Order.
- Course material and intellectual capital are the property of Equinology and the Canadian Institute of Equine & Canine Body Works Ltd. and may not be copied in any manner.
- By completing this regiatration I recognize that there are risks, dangers, and hazards inherent in equine and canine activities. I willingly accept and am fully responsible for any such risk, including the possibility of personal injury, or property damage or loss, resulting from participation in this course, and shall not hold Canadian Institute of Equine & Canine Body Works Ltd., Equinology Inc., or the clinic facility responsible for any damage or injury.
- By completing this registration I agree to all of the terms and conidtions laid out with these terms and conditions.