EQ100 Equine Bodyworker Certification
Join instructor Debranne Pattillo for this 9 day intensive hands on course to obtain your Level 1 EEBW - Equinology® Equine Body Worker Certification.
The Equinology® Approach was developed by Debranne Pattillo, MEEBW, founder of Equinology Inc. She has used this approach successfully for her own client base for over 25 years and has shared it with thousands of students, many of them already equine professionals, all over the world. This unique hands-on system addresses the whole body, implementing specific manual palpation methods to assess soft tissue and symmetry of muscle and structure, and utilizing detailed static and dynamic evaluation to inform the practitioner. Different bodywork techniques —including sports massage, soft tissue mobilization, stretching, range of motion and positioning exercises, as well as “focal” point work (stress and trigger points) — are combined to provide optimal support for horses working in every discipline. Reflecting Debranne’s passion for academic precision with regard to equine musculoskeletal anatomy, the Equinology® Approach stands out because it is comprehensively anatomically referenced. The Equinology® Approach continues to evolve from Debranne’s extensive experience and ongoing learning from her colleagues and mentors — both human and equine.
The course emphasizes proper and safe techniques; again all anatomically referenced. It covers assessment of the entire horse including conformation and gait assessment and introduces saddle fit and dentistry. The class is presented with loads of hands-on, specimens, illustrations, horses and of course the “Pattillo Painted Pony”(The Triple P).
There is more to sessions with horses than just a recipe “routine.” You need to look at the whole animal, understand what you are seeing and utilize the skills you’ve been taught.
This 9-day extended 100+ hour course (actual course contact hours and independent evening and off day assigned study) is over 200+hours with the required precourse study (EQ50).
The course is regularly attended by veterinarians, physical therapists, human massage therapists, equine massage therapists, trainers, barn managers, and chiropractors who would like to enhance their skills. The course is taught in such a comprehensive, logical layered format, that those with little or no complementary equine care and science background will find themselves up to speed with the other professional participants.
- Application of a full session as well as targeting specific areas
- Additional specialized Equinology techniques for session application
- Superficial, middle and deep muscle location and isolation
- Over 90 point locations
- Veterinary vocabulary and terminology
- Benefits of bodywork
- Contraindications of bodywork
- Bony landmark/surface anatomy identification
- Stretches for the session
- Work ethics
- Documenting sessions
- Conformation and gait analysis
- Exercising the horse after a session
- Introduction to dental issues
- Introduction to saddle fitting issues
- Session assessment & observation forms included for business use
Students attend class daily 8:00-5:30pm and have added 2 hours of evening studies. Day five of the class is spent out of class for independent and guided home study. The one-half hour is allowed for lunch. It is an intense course.
Time & Location
June 8, 2021 - June 16, 2021
Kestrel Ridge Farm Ltd
242004 Range Rd 32, Calgary, AB T3Z 3L4, Canada
About The Event
For more information on the instructor or the course please click on the links below:
ALBERTA EQ100 Equine Bodyworker Certification Course Spring (2021)
Terms and Conditions
- A $300 NON-REFUNDABLE deposit is due at registration. Please make cheques payable to Canadian Institute of Equine & Canine Body Works Ltd. The balance of the tuition is due at least 30 days prior to the start of the course, unless alternative arrangments have been made. To qualify for the early registration discount, tuition must be paid in full at the time of registration, at least 60 days prior to the start of the course.
The refund policy is as follows:
- Withdraw from course 61+ days prior to course start date = full tuition credit less the $300 non-refundable deposit
- Withdraw from course 31-60 days prior to course start date = 50% of regular tuition fee held as a tuition credit
- Withdraw from course 0-30 days prior to course start date = no credits for any reason.
- CIECBW Ltd. reserves the right to cancel a course due to insufficient registration or other circumstances beyond our control – at which point a full credit will be held towards future courses or purchases through CIECBW Ltd. CIECBW Ltd. will not be responsible for travel expenses and we recommend that registrants secure travel insurance.
- All NSF cheques will be assessed a $75 fee.
- Students requesting tuition to be switched to another course or students requesting any extra administrative attention are subject to a $50 fee.
- U.S. cheques will be accepted based on the current exchange rate at the time of bank deposit plus a $30 Canadian exchange fee. All other international currencies must pay with a Canadian Money Order.
- Course material and intellectual capital are the property of Equinology and the Canadian Institute of Equine & Canine Body Works Ltd. and may not be copied in any manner.
- By completing this regiatration I recognize that there are risks, dangers, and hazards inherent in equine and canine activities. I willingly accept and am fully responsible for any such risk, including the possibility of personal injury, or property damage or loss, resulting from participation in this course, and shall not hold Canadian Institute of Equine & Canine Body Works Ltd., Equinology Inc., or the clinic facility responsible for any damage or injury.
- By completing this registration I agree to all of the terms and conidtions laid out with these terms and conditions.